It's hard for me to admit that this is Josie's second Valentine's Day! Honestly, I never thought I'd be one of those parents who constantly sigh about how fast it all goes by, yet here I am trying to articulate exactly that with every post. Since Eric had to work (the news doesn't stop for Hallmark holidays, in case you were wondering) Josie and I celebrated by going to my school and joining in on the Valentine's Day parties. Josie loved all the kids and especially loved dismissal time. She got a huge kick out of watching everyone put on their snow hats. For my California relatives, yes, it is very cold here, still. We just got snow the other day. Snow hats and February go together! Anyway, she was delighted by the on-and-off hat tricks and when we got home, she quietly put her snow hat on and off, over and over again. She's a sucker for head decorations, what can I say?A childhood tradition from my own youth: Cupid comes on Valentine's Day with a small present. As I got older, Cupid was replaced by Mom and Dad, but when I was young I loved the idea of this little cherub leaving a token for me.
Cupid came this year for Josie, and though she's too young to even understand the idea of a present (much less that it came from a flying naked baby!) she did love her new book, My Fuzzy Valentine featuring Elmo. Tell me, how is it that she is delighted by Elmo, even though she doesn't watch any television? Must be the cute face, I guess.So, Valentine's Day 2009 was pretty fun! We're looking forward to the warmer weather (as always) and playing outside! We're all suffering from cabin fever, here!
2 comments:
I like the re-design! Did you create that masthead yourself?
no, i got it from http://suckmylolly.com (NOT A PORN SITE!) and it came with a photoshop file w/layers, so all i had to do was type in the new title!
Post a Comment