4.10.2010

Spring Break

Right now, both Jimmy and Josie are sleeping in their own beds for a nap. I always feel like some kind of genius super-mom when that happens. I also find myself hurrying through whatever activity I pick to do during their naps-- be it cleaning, eating, loafing around, whatever-- because I'm always on edge listening for the waaaaaaaaaaaaah or ma-oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooom, depending on the child.

Anyway, this past week was my spring break from work, and we've made the most of it, despite the weather being chilly. Guys, it snowed here the other day. It's April! For Easter, we traveled to Orion, Illinois and stayed at Eric's grandparents' house. It was fun to see the family, and Josie enjoyed playing with her cousins, and Jimmy liked being the hot potato baby. Travelling that distance was surprisingly easy, even if we did have to make a few extra stops.


There we are, all gussied up and ready to go to church. I will say, the Catholic church in Orion is awesome because they have the most cushioned glider rockers set up in the rear of the church. Jimmy and I spent the entire service there-- best seats in the house!

Aside from our trip to Orion, we've been having fun inside and outside the house:



Oh! And in milestone news, Josie had her very first haircut. I had noticed that her hair was getting more and more stringy and a little out of control, so it was high time to go to the salon and clean it up. We went to a salon that is especially for kids-- Josie sat in a car and got to play with a Sesame Street toy during the entire cut-- and Josie got a few inches trimmed.

Here she is:

Since our last post, Jimmy had his 2 month check up, but he went to it 2 weeks late. He's 13 pounds, 24 inches long and seriously the cutest baby in the world!  I love how chatty he has been lately, and how smiley, too. He also continues to be a fabulous sleeper. He's also well on his way to rolling over. He get's about 3/4 of the way there, and then gets stuck on his arm, poor guy. I'll end this blog post with a picture of Jimmy getting some good cuddles from his Great Aunt Donna (Hi, Donna!)


No comments: