7.30.2008

California Vacation

Josie and I (Hillary) traveled to California this past weekend to visit my Grandma Whalen and other members of my mom's side of the family. I was nervous about flying with a six month old, but it turns out that Josie is an excellent travel companion! Though fussy when first strapped into her carseat, Josie slept the entire flight there and back. This was much to my relief! I remember I used to dread sitting near babies on planes-- my, has my patience expanded since then.

Anyway, California was a lot of fun. Though she couldn't stick to a nap schedule, she managed just fine, and allowed anyone and everyone to hold her. We saw lots of family members that I have not seen in a long time, and even more that had never met Josie. Everyone agreed that she is the most easy-going baby in the world.

We were blessed with great weather and a great time. We were so glad we went and saw everybody!

Here's a photo with only some of the cousins on my mom's side, including significant others and kids.

And that's only half of them!

Below is a really special photograph. It is of four generations of awesome, amazing women. I am so glad to have it!Finally, here's a picture of Josie with her Great Grandma Whalen, whom she was named after.

Grandma, I know you check in and read this, and know that you look radiant in these pictures! Seriously, you look so great considering everything you've been through. I was so happy to see you again and think of you often! I love you!

No comments: