11.15.2009

A November to Remember

I am going to sneak in a quick update while Eric's at work. He would never boast about this himself, but he WON the Emmy after being nominated a few weeks back.

He and his coworkers took the top honor of the night for an Emmy from the Chicago/Midwest Chapter of the National Academy of Television Arts & Sciences on Saturday, Nov. 7. Eric was awarded an Emmy for "Spot Coverage and Breaking News" of the "Spring Washout," coverage of the massive flooding in Wisconsin in June 2008.

I'm so proud of him and our little statuette should be arriving sometime in February! (Not to be confused with our other bundle of joy, arriving sometime in January.)



For the first time in many years, Eric and I won't be joining his family over the Thanksgiving holiday. Unfortunately, Eric doesn't get the time off (beyond Wednesday and Thursday-- back to work Friday and through the weekend!) and St. Louis is too far for a quick overnight trip. Instead, we will be hosting our first Thanksgiving for my mom, Kaitlin, Kacie, Marty, and Megan. With the three of us, that will be eight over for Thanksgiving dinner. I think eight is an excellent number to start!

Though the task of planning a meal like Thanksgiving is a bit daunting, it's amazing how many online guides are out there. Plus I have eaten twenty-five Thanksgiving dinners, so I do have an idea of how they're supposed to go.

We are sad that we can't come to St. Louis, but we are excited in other ways to have our own Thanksgiving here. We have tried preparing Josie for the feast-- mainly by teaching her the words "Thanksgiving" and reading some children's books about Thanksgiving. She especially likes the turkeys and the noises they make. I hope she's not disappointed to find out our turkey will not gobble-gobble-gobble.

I don't have any recent pictures to share, but I do have a video Josie and I made about two weeks ago. We had finished dinner and she was feeling especially chatty. Enjoy!



No comments: