1.04.2010

Overdue.


I feel like a huge weight (uh, not at all literally!) has been lifted now that I am "officially" overdue. Though I'm well aware that 40 weeks is the middle of a bell-curve for term pregnancies, and that you're not REALLY overdue until past 42 weeks, I think by most conventions I'm considered overdue.

And I feel really good about it, strangely enough. With my previous pregnancy, I think once I realized I was "term" and those around me got excited that the baby could come "any day," I was pretty much counting on snuggling a newborn from the moment I hit 37 weeks. Keep in mind, Josie was born at practically 42 weeks. That's five weeks--over a month!--of thinking I could go at any second. It was exhausting, defeating, and a nightmare.

This time around? I think because I want a VBAC, I have put some pressure on myself to have the baby on time. I also was due over my Christmas break from work, so I think I increased the pressure a little bit, in order to turn my winter break into a maternity leave. And now that January 3rd has come and gone and I am still pregnant, I feel like the pressure's off! I'm back in the routine of working, Josie is back on her familiar schedule, and now this baby can be born any time within the next 14 days and I'm happy.

I just can't believe it'll happen so soon. I better savor my sleep while I can!

No comments: