11.20.2011

We Love NYC

There's nothing quite like updating your blog about a trip you took, oh, months ago? I mean, so much time has passed since our New York trip that I have actually bought tickets for my second visit coming up shortly after Christmas.

We traveled out to NYC in late August to visit Marty, Megan, and Penny in their new digs in Manhattan. Somehow, in my twenty eight years on this great, green earth, I had never been to New York City. I don't know how that happened, because I lived on the East Coast for a portion of my childhood, so it's not like it was ever "too far" or anything. Eric had only been once-- he traveled there in college to hang out with his cousin Marsha.

Anyway, I feel so glad that Josie and Jimmy won't have similar stories to their parents-- putting off a trip to this wonderful city until their young adulthood. In fact, it's neat to think that for as long as Marty and Megan live out there, New York City will just be part of their life; one of the many cities they visit regularly.

Here's our lovely hostesses, Megan and Penny:

They did such a great job sharing their city with us (and Marty, too, on his days off!). Despite being in her second trimester, Megan happily joined us to Times Square, Central Park (and Central Park Zoo), Bryant Park, Battery Park, Wall Street, and a trip to Brooklyn, too! It was really great spending so much time for Megan. There are so many moments in my life that I'm thankful my brother partnered up with such a cool lady, but our trip to New York brought my gratitude to a whole new level. Megan is one of my best friends and she truly is my fourth sister.

Josie and Jimmy had a great time playing with their cousin, Penny. Penny seemed to really love Josie, and she thought Jimmy was pretty okay, too. Except when he was loud and then she would make a face like this :[ and say "Jimmy scawey!" Hahaha, but it was so cute, and Penny will be used to loud kiddos the next time she hangs out with Jimmy because she'll have her own loud brother or sister!

Here's Uncle Marty with three cousins on his lap!

One of my favorite pictures from the trip:

It was a really magical trip. It is not every day you go to Grimaldi's pizza and have the maitr'd fetch his accordion so that your three year old daughter can accompany him in song. It is not every day you happen upon tickets to David Letterman and get upgraded to the first row. It is not every day you are surrounded by your loved ones in a brand new city together. 

When I ask Josie about New York City (or, as she calls it, Yew Nork City) I always ask her about her favorite part, and her answer has never changed, even though our trip was nearly three months ago. Her favorite part was "being Penny's friend."


Eric made a little movie about our trip:

I can't wait to go back in December and meet the newest member of the family! 

1 comment:

Megan said...

What a lovely blog, sis! ;)
Those pictures are frameable for sure. What fond memories. We can't wait to have you back in December, too.