It's been a few months. Sorry about that. We've been busy, but I have also been unmotivated to write, I guess. I'm enjoying being pregnant in the summer; it feels nice to not have to wear lots of constricting layers. I live in my swimsuit on the weekends, and summer dresses when I have to be in public.
Here's a recent picture that shows that, yes, yes I am 30 weeks pregnant:
And that was actually three weeks ago, so I'm just that much more rounder now. But I love being pregnant, so I can't complain at all!
I'm teaching summer school this year and it's been very fun. I love delving into themes that we just do not have time to cover during the school year. The first two weeks we learned about the solar system, these current two weeks we're learning about the ocean, and the last two weeks will be spent learning about transportation. It's good for me to have a reason to get up and ready each morning.
Josie has been coming to summer school at my school, too. She has been participating in a music class, a pre-k class, and a book-making class (which has proven to be her favorite class of the summer.) So far, she has made a book a day, and every book has been about fairies. But that is no surprise, as Josie is a little bit fairy-obsessed right now. She has built fairy houses and left them outside in hopes of capturing occupants. She also dresses up as Tinkerbell fairly regularly and then speaks in a British accent (?!). It's very fun to be four years old.
Jimmy, meanwhile, has been able to spend some quality 1:1 time each day with his dad while Josie and I are at summer school. He has been really into jigsaw puzzles lately, and has mastered some of our trickier ones up to 24 pieces! He remains my little cuddle bug and I do sometimes wonder how he's going to handle sharing my body space with a new baby sister.
One of our recent household projects was converting Josie's room into a shared bedroom for Josie and Jimmy. Though Jimmy has been sleeping in Josie's room for quite some time, I had delayed painting and decorating it to be a suitable room for two. My mom came over to paint the hot pink walls apple green, and Kaitlin helped by creating the beautiful painting of the two kids. (If you look closely, you can see that Josie has a bunny on her dress and Jimmy has a bee on his shirt-- I call them Bunny and Buzz a lot of the time, so it was a cute personalized touch.)
Here's a before:
And after: (Note: I wanted to wait until I cleaned the room, hung curtains, did a few craft projects, etc. But then I realized that moment would either never come, or be so far away! So here's a pic before bed on a random night...)
Eventually I may do something similar on Jimmy's side, but he's not in school yet, so that can wait awhile. I also have intentions of making cool paper chandeliers above their beds and other things like that, but haven't gotten around to it yet.
Our summer adventures are only beginning; we have a trip to Parker Lake in store to celebrate Eric's grandparents' 80th birthday; a trip to EAA Airventure to meet up with my Grandpa Whalen; a little cookout on the fourth; a visit from Marty, Megan, Penny, and Ike; a day at Six Flags; State Fair; my birthday; and oh yeah-- the birth of baby sis. (In no particular order, really!)






No comments:
Post a Comment