12.27.2007

Happy Holidays!

No baby yet!

I'm exactly 38 weeks (which puts me two weeks away from my due date! YIKES!) and 1 cm dilated. So, that pretty much means nothing. Well, I guess it's better than nothing, but it doesn't mean much!

We had a great Christmas. My brother and sister-in-law were in town from London and they kindly gave us the Pack 'n Play that we had picked out. We were really surprised by the generous gift. It'll get used so much. Thank you, thank you, thank you! Also, our family friends, the Dolatas, loaned us their beautiful bassinet. It's so hard to believe that a little baby will soon be here, but getting these sorts of gifts make her all the more real.



My sister and I tried to do some pregnant belly henna. Henna is an Indian ink that stains your skin for several days/weeks. We mixed the powder and water solution very late at night. We misread 4 TEASPOONS to be 4 TABLESPOONS. So, after siphoning out some of the water, we worked with what we had left. The art work looked beautiful when Kaitlin applied it to my skin; but it really didn't take after all. We blame the late-night mixing. Still, it was fun trying!

I know it's getting down to the wire, so I'll try to post more frequently to keep you updated on baby girl's arrival!

1 comment:

samantha said...

HILLARY. I am so excited about this blog and about "bbg"!!!