When we moved into our place here it has ugly yellowed walls and gross carpet. Well, we saved the gross carpet (for now; eventually I want to recarpet, uh, everything.) but long ago Eric and my dad installed Cape Cod wainscotting.
Please note: ugly carpet.
A few weeks after installing the wainscotting, Eric painted the room the brightest bubble gum pink. My camera was running low on batteries and was reluctant to flash! You get the general idea, though, no?
When you walk in, this is what you see. The crib is NOT black, it's a cherry wood. Again, I blame the camera's lack of flash.
This shows off the bedding on the twin bed a little better. It's from PBKids and I love it.
And this is the rocker in the corner. My dad got this for us from a garage sale, I think. Please note: vents and random things Eric needs to fix chillin' on the wall.
It's an obvious work in progress. I mean, if bbg (baby girl-- GET WITH THE INTERNET LINGO) came tomorrow, she'd be fine and we have pretty much everything we
need need. I'm just saying, the place could use some curtains, shelves, things like that. I also need to put bedding on her crib, get out the diaper genie, monitors, stuff like that. Eventually, I'll have to convince Eric to move his electronic piano out of there (you can see the sheet music in the first finished picture), but for now it's fine.
In reality, she'll probably sleep in our room for the first few months at least.
3 comments:
hey hill! this is great! keep us posted. :)
Hi Hillary,
These posts are making me laugh. We'll keep checking here! Jessie
I love your nursery. I can't wait to come have a sleep over with baby Marshall on the tropical twin bed!
Post a Comment