Josie had a wonderful first Christmas. I truly love Christmastime and always have, but it about 1000x more fun and merrier with Josie around. Everything is magical and exciting and interesting when we notice the world through her eyes.
Anyway, here she is a few days before Christmas, celebrating at my dad's house. He got her this adorable reindeer costume, and she was a pretty good sport about wearing it:

She especially enjoys ripping the packaging off the gifts. Go Josie, go!!
Here she is on Christmas morning. She is sitting in a rocking chair that was mine when I was a little girl. As part of her Christmas gift, my dad took the time to repair it, clean it, and varnish it. It looks beautiful and Josie loves sitting in it. She likes to say "rah, rah" in a slow sing-song voice-- her version of saying "rock, rock."

Josie is 11 months old and is getting better at walking-- she definitely prefers it to crawling at this point. I am constantly amazed by the new skills she learns, and how quickly, too. One day she can't, and then one morning she wakes up and tada, she can. I haven't talked about it much here, but Josie is a big fan of sign language and communicates a lot of her wants and needs through that. It's seriously amazing that a little non-verbal human has so much to say!
Anyway, I could go on and on about her new skills, but I really want to show you one that has captured my heart: Josie kissing things. Christmas was so fun because she'd open a gift and immediately hold it up to her lips to give it a kiss. She also will give me a kiss when I ask and it is so sweet that I could cry just typing about it! Oh man, I'm such a sap.

Have a really great new year celebration! Check in on us in 2009!
2 comments:
Jealous of your Rock Band!
I can't believe she's almost a year. At this time last year, you were feeling like you'd never get to meet your bbg!
hillary, she is so cute!! love the little kissing animation! I like seeing all the neat things your josie is doing, the sign language bit is so cool!!
Post a Comment