10.12.2009

A Family Get-away


This past weekend, the Smith family met up in Shannon, Illinois at Hickory Hideaway. We had a great time visiting, laughing, making s'mores, catching up, and just generally being in the company of one another. It is not often anymore that all five siblings can be under one roof, and it is a true joy when it happens.

As you can kind of tell from the picture, my belly is growing larger and rounder as the days past by. It is unbelievable to me that I am already in my last trimester. This pregnancy seems to be going by a million times faster than my pregnancy with Josie-- for better or for worse-- on one hand, I appreciate the fact that it seems like my introduction to my son is going to be here before I know it. On the other, I feel like I haven't had the time to prepare the way I did with Josie-- both emotionally and otherwise.

Oh, in great news, Eric and his news team were nominated for a Chicago/Midwest Emmy award. The entire list of nominees can be found here and if you take a look, Eric's station is the only Milwaukee area station competing against Chicago stations. It's a huge honor, and I know Eric would NEVER EVER write about it in his blog, but he's at work right now and won't see that I posted this until much too late! I'm proud of him and his hard work!

Looking forward to the rest of the month... Halloween, here we come! Watch out for the cutest robot on the block!

2 comments:

Xenia said...

Stopping by to say hello and thanks for following...

I just have to mention that if you think the pregnancy with the second child goes by fast, you'll be blown away at how time flies once he's here. Some days I look at my little one and think, Hmmm, I feel like I don't really KNOW you because one day you were an infant and now you're crawling up my leg and the time in between is a crazy blur.

Your daughter is adorable though and I bet she's really excited about being a big sister!

Garrett said...

We're so proud of Eric and his Emmy nomination!! That's awesome news. I took a look at the competition and he should have no trouble winning his first of many Emmy's.