Ugh, I cannot believe it's December already. Where did 2009 go, exactly? We have been very busy this week, and my mind is constantly going over the many to-do lists I need to complete! I am basically working on three deadlines: winter break for my job (must get my maternity leave sub plans finalized [proud to say they are nearly done!], must tidy up last minute preparations, must organize desk, and definitely must prepare students for the change!); Christmas (need to pick up some stocking stuffers and other small things for Josie, finish my handmade gifts, MUST take Christmas picture, put together cards, and send!, finalize travel plans, make reservations for the dog), and finally, the birth of the baby (which I am very ready for, actually, should just pick up a case of diapers!)
Even though that seems crazy (and it is) I am grateful that it is Christmastime, which is a very magical time. The first snow of the season fell earlier this week, and we are supposed to get more this week. Uncharacteristically, I'm not grouchy about it at all. I guess I know that I have a hibernation coming up-- I remember Josie's first few weeks so fondly. It was bitter cold, and I had nothing to do all day but hold her and take care her of her under warm blankets. Granted, this time around I will be caring for a newborn AND a toddler, but I still look forward to those days where we pretend we're snowed-in together.
I keep joking with my co-workers that I'm going to will this baby to be born on December 22nd. My birthday is July 22nd, Josie's is January 22nd, and Megan's (Marty's wife) is March 22nd. Added to that: a tax break, a longer maternity leave for me (since Christmas break begins that afternoon!), and a little baby to share on Christmas morning. I know that I can want all I want, but babies come on their own time. I have my 42 weeker running around to remind me.
Anyway, Marty's wife, Megan, and I are due the same week, and over Thanksgiving we took a "future cousins" picture together, which is very cute, I think:
We're about 35 weeks along there? It was taken around Thanksgiving time. This past weekend, Megan had her first baby shower at her mom's house. Josie and I went, and Kaitlin, Allison, and my mom attended, too. It was great to see Megan and Marty get so many things to kick start their life with a newborn. I really think acquiring all the equipment makes the baby seem all the more real. Even though it wasn't my shower, it hit home that there's actually infants on the way!
Josie really enjoyed "helping" her aunt and uncle open gifts-- even if she was a little confused as to why we couldn't take everything out of the box.
Last Monday, we put up our Christmas tree. We debated between getting a real one or reusing our tried and true artificial tree. We ultimately settled on the artificial one. We already own it and we are in a saving-money mode so it was the cheapest option. Maybe next year we'll get a real one!
Josie's helping by putting the angel on the tree.



2 comments:
I really must stop making goofy faces in pictures! I love the one of Josie helping us open pictures, though. She was so much fun, and it was awesome to have you all there!
Oh my goodness... I can't believe your due date is almost here!!! Soon you will have a baby boy! Yay Hillary! I am very excited for you and can't wait to see pictures of your little one when he arrives :)
Post a Comment