Winter can be tricky because we all suffer from a little bit of cabin fever. We try creative ideas to get our energy out-- a nightly time for dancing, putting pillows and cushions on the floor and jumping as much as we can, enrolling in local park district classes (tumbling, sporties for shorties, the more physical the better!), etc. Even still, there is a harried hour every evening when I gate myself into the kitchen and just ignore the amount of toys that are spilling out of bins, the constant din of small children jumping around, the sound of the dog eating up cracker after cracker. I cook dinner and tune it out and then we eat, we wind down, and then we sleep.
On occasion, Josie likes to join me in the kitchen. I consider it my own personal respite, but I always let her help me if she's willing. Here's a cute picture of her, helping to make Eric's birthday cake:
Here's Jimmy, enjoying the final product:
The kids have been doing great and can genuinely play with each other more than ever before. It's really fun to watch (and be the translator for Jimmy-- Josie knows a lot of his "words" but still needs me to clarify at times). I also love when they have the sweetest sibling moments, like this one, when they were both winding down by watching Wall-E from the vantage point of a laundry basket.



No comments:
Post a Comment