6.04.2011

Spring 2011

You guys, I'm sorry. Sometimes I forget to blog, and then the weeks go by and I feel like I can't possibly catch everyone up on everything and then the entire idea of blogging becomes too overwhelming, so I just ignore it and the cycle repeats. So let me catch you up from mid-March, where I last left off.

March 20th- We went to a Purim party:
Purim is a Jewish holiday that commemorates the deliverance of the Jewish people in the ancient Persian Empire from destruction in the wake of a plot by Haman-- which is recorded in the book of Esther. Traditionally, you share a meal, dress up, and read the story aloud. We had a blast, and as you can see we were baseball players!

April 10- I took the kids to Buddy Squirrel and Quality Candy chocolate factory to meet Mr. and Mrs. Bunny:
Josie absolutely loves mascots and always has, so this was a real treat. We even met Buddy Squirrel in the parking lot, which brought our total mascot count up to three. Three in one morning! As you can see, Jimmy didn't love the bunnies so much and would've much rather been in the safe arms of his mama. 

April 14- We attended my sister, Kaitlin's senior art show in DeKalb, Illinois:
Kaitlin is a talented artist, and we had decent enough weather for the show-- it took place in a renovated garage, so the open air was risky-- but it turned out just fine. More of Kaitlin's work can be found here

April 17 (or around there) Kacie (my sister) moved in to live with us as she got ready for her fellowship to begin in Milwaukee. She currently is a maternity leave sub for an athletic trainer at UWM. The kids have absolutely loved her company and we'll be sad to see her leave she she moves out of our place and into her own in early July. Luckily, her new place doesn't have a washer/dryer so we know she'll come around occasionally even if it's just to do laundry! :D Just joking, Kacie!!

April 24- We traveled to Orion, IL to Eric's grandparents house for Easter. Josie and Jimmy participated in the Easter Egg hunt, they had a blast playing with their cousins, and Eric and I enjoyed the company of family. 
This was taken Sunday morning, prior to attending Eric's grandma's church. We tried to get a nice family picture, but Josie looked like it was the most miserable morning of her life, aside from this picture! I swear it was a good weekend though-- we borrowed my dad's full size van and it was so nice to have some SPACE! (The gas price to full it up though? Not so nice!)

May 11- My dad's 60th birthday:
We all celebrated at his girlfriend, Judy's house in Illinois. Eric couldn't make it due to work, and it was too bad because we feasted on cake and had fun playing outdoors before the rain came in. 
That's Penny and Jimmy!

Josie and a balloon.

May 14- Kaitlin's Graduation from NIU
That's Josie and Penny at Kaitlin's graduation ceremony. They were sharing a seat! So cute! Kaitlin graduated from NIU with a Bachelors of Fine Arts as a painting major. We felt very proud of her and it was great to see her get her diploma. Afterwards, we went out to eat and continue celebrating. We found out there that Marty and Megan (and Penny!) are moving to New York City-- which was bittersweet news. I have so enjoyed watching Penny grow up firsthand, and watching her grow more and more interactive with my kids. They love being around their cousin and friend-- so that part is sad. We know we'll still see her, but probably not with the same regularity and the same familiarity. But we know it's an amazing opportunity with limitless possibilities and so great for the Smith-Edwards family! Plus, I've never been to NYC and now I have three perfect reasons to go. 

There's more stories and pictures, but uh, they are still on the camera. So, another update soon, maybe without a three month pause (sorry again!) I'll end on a funny note. Casual day at work!!


No comments: