While you were enjoying the superbowl, I was pep talking myself into giving my baby a bath. I am sure it's not unique for a first-time mom to be nervous about the first bath. She hadn't been really washed since my second to last night at the hospital. I just hate to make her cry and I knew the bath would cause some tears. But, she was beginning to smell like sour milk, and I was beginning to feel a little bit of mommy guilt for having a scrubby baby.
Anyway, this picture pretty much sums up how we felt at the end of the bath. Me, elated that it was over. Her, a little bit cold and grumpy! (Also, you can tell that I'm a bit sleep and shower deprived myself!)

Next up: somehow trimming her fingernails.
3 comments:
You both look cute! Also, my mom was so nervous to clip my nails for the first time when I was born, so she bit them off.
So glad to hear the first bath was a success. I know all the firsts can make you nervous. Just remember your little one isn't as "breakable" as she appears! You're doing great.
We look forward to your updates and always enjoy seeing your little princess.
Take care and rest while you can,
Sue
aww you two love each other! although its not quite clear n the picture. :]
Post a Comment