3.02.2010

Jimmy and Josie

Before giving birth to Jimmy, I had a hard time imagining what he would look like. I already had a child who was half me, half Eric, and it was impossible for me to imagine any other genetic combination than the little girl I have known and loved for nearly two years. I knew that Jimmy could look like a baby Eric, or a baby me, or a lot like his sister-- and her physical traits seem to be a pretty 50/50 blend of Eric and I. Still, when I would try to picture him in my head, I couldn't help but just think back on what Josie looked like as a newborn.

Jimmy definitely looks different from Josie, but as it turns out, they certainly look a lot alike.

Here's Josie, 2 years ago:

And for comparison, here's Jimmy, a few days ago:


My two cutie-beauties!!

I bet you thought it was scientifically impossible to birth twins two years apart. Well, I'm here to prove otherwise.

2 comments:

lauren said...

too cute!
they do look very much alike...when i saw the photo of josie holding the sign, i was like "why is jimmy holding a sign that says 'love, josie'?!?!"
easily confused?! haha! ;)
*

Goodwill said...

wow- it's amazing how much they look alike. what a cute babies you make! :)