It's no secret Josie loves Yo Gabba Gabba. Earlier this year, when Josie turned 2, the characters came to Milwaukee for a concert. We went. I must admit, it was a lot of fun.

We also went to Gurnee Mills Mall to meet the characters in person.

When we heard they were coming to Chicago later in the year, I got tickets. I figured Josie would be older, and enjoy the show a little more. Boy was I right.
We drove to Chicago, dropped Jimmy off at his Uncle Marty and Aunt Megan's (thanks again!), and took the train downtown (which was Josie's FIRST train ride ever - a huge hit).
We kept the show a surprise, but as we walked closer to the Chicago Theatre, the gig was all but up. Kids and their parents were singing and dancing to their favorite Yo Gabba tunes.

We got in, but had to check in our camera because it was a "professional camera." Luckily, I had my camcorder and was able to capture the opening on video!
This show's special guest was none other than the dancer named "Do It." We learned the "peanut butter stomp."

Josie absolutely loved every second of it. She sang, she danced, and she beatboxed with Biz Markie. She was sad to see the show end, but I think she had a feeling she'd see them soon again. After all, she saw them three times already this year.


1 comment:
Hah. I am just now catching up with the blog. That video is so awesome!! Glad you guys had such a good time. :)
Post a Comment