Eric took me to the doctor and I had a non-stress test (NST) today.
I basically LOVED the NST. The doctor hooked up a monitor to listen to the baby's heartbeat and another monitor to measure uterine movement. Then, I had to hold a Jeopardy response clicker and click whenever I felt the baby move. But the best part was that they served me ice cold water and Christmas cookies. (I like to think it's because they are kind and feel bad for making me so upset last appointment. Truthfully, it was to get sugar/food in my system and something cold, to make the baby move around.)
Anyway, Eric got to sit in the room and we just listened to her heartbeat and watched the little graph show uterine movement. As it turns out, in the 20 minutes I was hooked up to the machines, I had three contractions. I knew I was having some last night, but I really didn't think they were that frequent. I guess because they always say contractions feel like a tightening. I would describe it more like a balloon in my belly that fills with air. It's a unique feeling, but I assumed that it was just her scooching her bum out, or moving it around. It's not labor contractions, though because I was just thinking about delicious cookies instead of, you know, writhing in pain.
The doctor thinks I'm in prelabor w/the amount of contractions, baby's position, etc. I didn't have an internal exam because I have one on Wednesday, anyway. The nurse was like "Maybe you'll have a baby this weekend!" I am making myself sincerely doubt that, but it was much nicer to hear that instead of BETS ON AN OVERDUE DELIVERY.
At the latest, she'll be born January 17. They will only let me go one week beyond my due date before inducing labor. (Well, actually, I could probably insist on going longer, but one week is fine by me.)
1 comment:
Okay Hillary, I am officially watching your blog all of the time now waiting for news! Hang in there, your DC family can't wait to meet her! Be sure to keep us all informed...
Kari
Post a Comment