1.02.2008

First post of 2008-- Not here yet!

I hate to admit this, but more than likely my baby will be LATE. I went to the doctor today and I saw the old Scottish doctor, Dr. D that Eric really likes.

Anyway, last week a different doctor in the practice told me I was a centimeter dilated. Dr. D shared that I am a "dimple" dilated . When I asked him to clarify (as dimple is pretty relative, eh?) he said, "Not even 1 cm yet. I err on the side of caution when sharing dilation estimates." Which is fine, whatever. Some people sit around being 4 cm dilated for weeks and some people go from 0-10 in the process of labor. It doesn't mean very much at all. He added, "If I were a betting man, I think you'll carry this baby very late. You're young, and healthy, and fit. And most young, healthy, fit women go overdue with their first." And even though it's not surprising at all, I still kind of HATE accepting it.

I just remind myself that once she's here, she will be here for a lifetime. The time between now and her birth will be minuscule in hindsight.

No comments: